Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Taking LESS To The Next Level

I have been moving down the path of a minimalist lifestyle for over a year now. I am loving the changes that have been taking place in my life. With less STUFF I find myself reading more books (from the library), my house stays more clean, and I spend less time organizing (which I do love to do). I sell less stuff on craigslist and give less to goodwill because I'm buying less. I am loving my more minimalist life.


We love our organic cotton napkins with our initials!


Then I came across a podcast (thanks to The Art of Simple) about Zero Waste Living. I was intrigued and listened with excitement. I am all about being green, earth friendly, creating less waste and this podcast was just what I needed to inspire me to my next level of minimalist living!


Here are some things I am inspired to start doing:


1. Start COMPOSTING. I'm not to the point of self composting, but our town has a compost collection site. So I am hoping to get a counter top compost bin and start throwing apple cores, banana peels, etc in there instead of in the garbage.

2. Replace PLASTIC ITEMS with COMPOSTABLE ITEMS. I'm excited to switch to compostable floss and toothbrushes.

3. Replace DISPOSAL ITEMS WITH REUSABLE ITEMS. I already use rags instead of paper towels, cloth napkins instead of paper napkins. I'm excited to switch from kleenex to handkerchiefs, pads and tampons to reusable cloth moon pads and a diva cup. 

4. REFUSE handouts. In the next month we go for our 6 month dentist appointment. We always get free toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss. But I am going to say NO THANK YOU because I am switching from all that plastic to more earth friendly options.

For more inspiration on Zero Waste, check out Bea's website: Zero Waste Home

No comments:

Post a Comment