Monday, February 8, 2016

Declutter like a Minimalist: Books & Movies



I loved decluttering our home. I know - that's weird!

I'm weird. I'll own it.

And now I'm sharing how I decluttered my home with you in bite size pieces. I'll give you directions on how to declutter different areas of your home and how to keep them decluttered forever - like a minimalist!


Today's Topic: Books & Movies

Donate almost everything to your local library. You can get a tax deduction and still have access to these items - its a win win!

Devotional & Library
Step 1: 
All adult books go except for Bible/Daily Devotional.

Step 2:
Keep only 5 treasured children's books. The rest can go to the library or recycled if falling apart.

Right: Library Books    Left: 5 Favorites
Step 3: 
All adult movies go. You don't need them!

Step 4: 
3 Girls = 3 Favorite Movies
Have each child pick their one favorite movie and donate the rest. You can reassure your kids that they can always get them again through the library.

Step 5:
Going forward don't buy books or movies. Rent them from the library. If the library doesn't have a book you really want to read, consider buying it and donating it after you read it.

By filling your donation box with your adult stuff, you will be setting an example for your kids - you are in this together. Also, start regularly getting books from the library. We also get a kids movie each week. I think our girls have forgotten we even own any movies!

Have any decluttering topics you want me to address? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment