Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Thrifty Purchase: Chalkboard

I love HGTV, especially the show Fixer Upper! It's great! I love seeing their visions for each home and family come to life. My love for Fixer Upper inspired me to continue following my visions for our home. I have been painting our wood trim white and I recently started painting our kitchen cabinets.  

Our kitchen/dinette area has a huge blank wall and I kept envisioning a large chalkboard in the middle. One that my girls can enjoy drawing on and I can leave fun quotes or special messages on for our family. 

I started looking on craigslist for a chalkboard. I found exactly what I wanted, but it was already sold. Bummer! But I was surprised a few weeks later from the seller - he had another chalkboard available! I replied immediately and my husband picked it up a few hours later.

Did we need the chalkboard - no. But I really really wanted it. A chalkboard the same size brand new would easily be $250. I saved $200 buying it used. I would call that a thrifty success!

No comments:

Post a Comment